The Respect codes of conduct are in place to ensure that everyone involved within the club is playing their part to give the players a positive experience.
Codes of Conduct
Here at Pro Peaks, we feel it is important we look to create the right environments for our players, both on and off the pitch, and that we all play our part in creating a fun, safe and inclusive environment
- At Pro Peaks Academy our values and vision of the club is to foster a learning environment based on the core values – Hard work, Honesty, Discipline, Trust and Respect. We aim to maintain, continually review and improve our practice so that our players are offered the best opportunities to allow them to be the best they can be. We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game. Pro Peaks Academy are supporting The FA’s Respect programme to ensure football can be enjoyed in a safe, positive environment. Remembering that at all times children’s football is a time for them to develop their technical, physical, tactical and social skills.
- We recognise that football is an important aspect of life for millions of people across the country and equality should always be at the heart of the game. Football is opposed to any form of discrimination and we strongly support this and actively take steps to prevent any form of discrimination at any level from officials, coaches and supporters.
- Football has the power to influence young people and, for that reason, we must use this platform to set a positive example for all.
- With this in mind, we adopt the Football Association’s (the FA) Code of Conduct.
- CODE OF CONDUCT FOR COACHES
- Everyone involved in the game of football is under a duty to promote equality and the welfare of all involved. Coaches are expected to assume increased responsibility when coaching young people and to use their position to set a positive example for the young players they coach. Achievements and reputations are always seen as a measure of success, but we recognise that the health and safety of young people is paramount.
- The F.A.’s Coach’s Code of Conduct sets the standards we expect our coaches to adhere to at all times, on and off the field. Coaches must:
- Always show respect;
- Stick to the rules and celebrate in the spirit of the game;
- Encourage fair play and high standard of behaviour;
- Respect the Referee and encourage the players to do the same;
- Never enter the field of play without the Referee’s permission;
- Never engage in, or tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive behaviours;
- Be aware of the potential impact of bad language on others;
- Be gracious in victory and defeat; and
- Respect the facilities home and away.
- When working with players, coaches must:
- Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything;
- Never tolerate any form of bullying;
- Ensure all activities are suited for the player’s ability and age; and
- Work with other (officials, doctors, welfare officers, physiotherapists) for each player’s best interests.
- CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PLAYERS
- Players, young and old, are expected to maintain high levels of respect and standards when playing at Pro Peaks Academy. Winning should be seen as the ultimate goal, but not at any cost. Fair play and respect is fundamental.
- The FA’s Young Player’s Code of Conduct sets the standards we expect our players to adhere to at all times, on and off the field. Players must:
- Always play for the benefit of their team;
- Play fairly and friendly;
- Play by the rules and respect the Referee;
- Shake hands with the other team – win or lose;
- Listen carefully to what coaches tell them;
- Understand that a coach has to do what’s best for the team;
- Talk to someone they trust at the club if they are unhappy with anything at the club;
- Encourage their team mates; and
- Respect the facilities home and away.
- CODE OF CONDUCT FOR SPECTATORS AND PARENTS / CARERS
- Parents and carers will always want to share the experience with their children, and we want them to be able to. Just like coaches and players, high standards are expected from all parents when spectating Pro Peaks Academy matches and sessions, setting good examples and promoting supportive environments.
- The FA’s Spectators and Parents / Carers Code of Conduct sets the standards we expect spectators to adhere to at all times, on and off the field. Spectators must:
- Have fun; it’s what it’s here for!
- Celebrate effort and good play from both sides;
- Always respect the referee and coaches and encourage players to do the same;
- Stay behind the touchline and within the designated spectators area;
- When players make mistakes, encourage them to try again next time;
- Never engage in, or tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive language.
Top quality sessions delivered by top coaches my son loves every session he goes to and my daughter is looking forward to starting there too.